I have been advised to lead write a book on the matter with my international team who have been with me on this journey since 2014!
It is the duty of the EC to facilitate the postal votes and ensure that the thousands of Malaysians working, studying, and living overseas are given ample time and opportunity to send their postal votes home.
The well paid and perked former civil servants should not burden these Malaysians by having them do extra work, incurring costs and time, something which should be the responsibility and domain of the EC!
The EC should strongly consider online voting for those Malaysians overseas or voting in the Malaysian embassies/High Commission/Consular or representative offices in line with the best and up-to-date global practices.
Perhaps, the greatest test of post GE15 is the revamp of the current practices and protocols of the EC so that democracy and democratic practices practiced and adopted in global democratic arenas are indeed practiced here!
I will have a word with the in-coming Prime Minister post GE15 on this matter as part of the much needed reforms going forward!
There are far too many accidents!
There are far too many fatalities on our highways and it is no longer tolerable.
The elephant in the room is that something is amiss in the configuration.
Let me put it out straight.
- Who in Malaysia, which organization, lobby group, politicians or cartels are preventing the nation from adopting very stringent legislation, measures, and protocols similar to those practiced in Singapore or the UK/US?
2. Those measures that will see the strict implementation of safe driving measures and a serious look at drivers on long and short haul drive throughout Malaysia.
3.The maintenance of all types of heavy vehicles and features that will prevent speeding and reckless driving.
4. Laws that will have heavy penalties for drivers on substance abuse or doing several shifts under health and sleep deprivation?
5. Or the continued usage of retreaded tires.
6. Finally, the need to take action on the transport companies and their directors/management for any breaches in their duty of care.
Or is life so cheap that allows these companies and their cartels to get away with murder on our highways?
So whose sleeping on the job?