MALAYSIA’S LEAD TAMIL NEWSPAPER – MALAYSIA NANBAN TODAY CARRIED A FRONT PAGE STORY ON THIS SCANDAL!
MAN CLAIMING TO BE TAMIL NADU CM’S ‘RELATIVE’ CHEATED US OF MILLIONS!
His name is Baladevan Theaivendiram, his Identity card number – 540614-10-5729, a 58 year old Malaysian and he had claimed that he was a relative of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Dr Kalaignar M. Karunanidhi through marriage claiming his nephew Singaporean G. Aravindan was married to the CMâ€™s daughter Kanimozhi.
With these claims and that he was â€˜politically connectedâ€™ to the â€˜powers that beâ€™ in Delhi and Tamil Nadu which includes the Railway Minister, senior official of the Railway Board, the management of IRCON International and that his brother worked as â€˜special officerâ€™ to a former Works Minister he is alleged to have duped individuals, contractors and companies over more than RM5 Million over the last 10 years saying that he was in a position to offer them various contracts in the Seremban to Gemas (103km) Double Track Railway project and 3G Telecommunication licenses!
He had also used a RM2 company called Zen Bridge Sdn Bhd in some of the said dubious transactions.
He also claimed to have paid several hundreds of thousands of ringgit to the said policymakers to facilitate these approvals which included expensive branded watches, pens, jewellery and suits.
On receiving these complaints CASSA conducted an exhaustive investigation into this scandal.We had personally visited New Delhi on three occasions and met the Minister, senior Railway Ministry Officials, the Managing Director and his top management team at IRCON International.
We had showed them all the various documents, thumb drives and other price sensitive information and raised many pertinent questions seeking indeed if this â€˜Baladevanâ€™ was associated to them!
They denied having any knowledge of this â€˜Baladevanâ€™ whatsoever!
CASSA therefore advises all those who have been cheated by this conman to lodge Police reports and to contact us to seek legal and other assistance in this matter.
CASSA has set up a hotline at 016-3261700 for this purpose. All feed backs will be kept highly confidential.
A third party has also come forward to offer a reward to any one who would provide vital information that will lead to the arrest and conviction of â€˜Baladevanâ€™ who has financially ruined the lives of more than twenty seven individuals!
Meanwhile CASSA also asks the Indian government and the Malaysian Ministry of Transport to investigate the following in the public interests:
1. Who gave him that confidential letter of award for the Seremban to Gemas Double Track Project between Malaysian and India? This was a government to Government initiative!
2. How did he get control of the total designs, specifications, drawings, pricing of the entire Seremban to Gemas project which he attempted to sell at RM5 Million at one time but had no takers and which he showed various contractors to convince them?
3. Who gave him the two letters to Malaysian companies claimed to be Ministry of Railwayâ€™s Railway Board letters?
4. Who gave him that â€˜stinging letterâ€™ written by Ircon International Managing Director to Malaysiaâ€™s Transport Minister?
5. â€˜Baladevanâ€™ repeatedly used the name of one Indian official â€“ â€˜A.P. Misraâ€™ so who is AP Misra? What is his role in all these allegations? Is he also a victim or a player?
6. â€˜Baladevanâ€™ could not act alone without assistance from â€˜individuals in Delhi and Chennaiâ€™ and the Government of India must do its part to ascertain that they conduct exhaustive investigations leaving no stones unturned!
CASSA will soon brief both the Malaysian Prime Minister and newly minted Minister of Transport on this matter.
CASSA will urge the Malaysian government to seek clarifications from New Delhi and Chennai on these allegations.