“Friendship here is not bucking up a friend and undermining another self-worth, sacrifices, dignity when there is a colossal injustice or morality issue of wrong!”
MALAYSIA ASEAN APEC LEAD CONSUMERIST & HUMAN RIGHTS LAWYER DR JACOB GEORGE LOOKS AT TRUE FRIENDSHIPS OVER THE YEARS!
For far too long, many of us address many issues both in the national and international fora that we tend to forget to acknowledge and thank real meaningful friendships in our lives that has assisted, uplifted us, putting us in positions that no matter what the storms or headwinds you face you can count on a certain class of individuals you call comrade or friends in Hindi ‘dost!’
The person (s) who you can call at any time of the day when you need some advice, are feeling down, or when you just need a good laugh or just to accompany as you take a stiff drink while listening to some great music oldies.
The truth is many of them provide us spiritual and mental renewal. They are the ones who give hope in life’s most difficult situations, help to de-stress our life, and provide affirmation of your life’s path.
I believe that when you and your friends are investing in a conscientious relationship, meaningfulness often follows.
Today I want to put aside other issues and talk indeed about my friends who I started my journey in life with.
1. These are my friends who are empathetic. Being empathetic is the ability to actively try and take yourself out of your own shoes and put yourself in someone else’s. Too often we listen to a friend’s struggle and immediately make it about ourselves by adding our own experiences. Sometimes, the greatest thing friends can do is just actively listen to each other.
2. Friends who are selfless. I have realized that my friends who are the most happy and positive are the ones who are grounded, who care, and who do not always think about themselves. They are able to understand their own life experience but are not consumed by their own problems. Instead, they take action to help solve the problems of others.
3. Friends who are trustworthy. Being trustworthy is a trait that is essential for understanding that the deepest relationships are the ones in which we can confide in each other. Trustworthy friends remind you that you are not alone and empower you to be a better person.
4. Friends with shared interests. Whether this pertains to travel, hobbies, sports, goals, education, values, religion or food – we often prefer spending time with people who enjoy the same things as we do. This allows for immediate connection and ultimately strengthens our relationships.
5. Friends with different perspectives and racial and religious backgrounds. The time you can truly grow as a human being, both professionally and personally, is when you have the opportunity to listen to people who are different from you. Sometimes, you remain in a fixed mindset when you hang around people who just agree with you or who do the same things as you. Friends who offer new perspectives, ideas, experiences, and advice can help you learn more about yourself and will help you grow as a better-rounded human being. Friends of diverse backgrounds have the ability to transform a fixed mindset into a growth mindset. I think this is an area where our strengths are. I realize many a time, they do not just say things to uplift us or stand by us. I have friends who have no issues addressing issues in an open and diverse way even when there are disagreements telling me when I am wrong but at the end saying – if you still want to go there I am there with you buddy! Friendship here is not bucking up a friend and undermining another self-worth, sacrifices, dignity when there is a colossal injustice or morality issue of wrong!
6. Friends who are humorous. The best friends are simply the ones who know how to make you laugh and who are full of life and spirit. They are the ones who bring you joy, hope, and comfort even in the midst of life’s most difficult situations.
7. Friends who are a team player. A trait we learned in school when we played in either the same football or hockey team or other team sports – as children but one in which we often forget. Being a team player and putting the needs of others before ourselves for a shared goal is what friendship is all about. Communicating, collaborating, and active listening are all essential traits that make the most successful teams unstoppable forces.
In conclusion, I can easily say that all of us in the group even many our seniors at school, university and professions do make a conscious effort to integrate communicating with friends a part of our routine.
Whether it is calling a friend on your way home from work, setting aside one evening a month to get together, or designating at least a trip to go walk-a-bout or just hanging out which all helps us as we get older, go forward in what is a very challenging world ahead!
BOYCOTT RESTAURANTS THAT RESPECT NOT CONSUMER RIGHTS TO CLEAN AIR:CASSA
The Consumers Association of Subang and Shah Alam Selangor (CASSA) called upon Malaysian consumers to exercise their rights to health and clean air while consuming food at eateries nationwide by boycotting all eateries that encourage smoking in their premises!
The attempt by a cross section of restaurant owners and outlets to threaten the government’s new move in line with internationally practiced norms of zero tolerance to smoking in public spaces should not be tolerated!
Once again, it is clear that these cartels masquerading as law abiding entrepreneurs are not just self centered but selfish to the universal consumer right to clean air in public spaces!
This is a matter that cannot be compromised any longer on the altars of profits of selfish profit obsessed owners of coffee shop and restaurants!
They have no right to seek a push back of this much needed legislation going forward!
CASSA calls upon the government not to give in to the subtle threats and claims of this self-serving group but to implement the ban in public spaces effective January 2019!
Internationally run cost-analysis study undertaken to estimate the direct and indirect cost of medical care of three smoking-related diseases: chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, ischemic heart disease and lung cancer!
CASSA clearly denote why the total ban is long overdue in Malaysia!
The recent introduction in bans on smoking in public spaces in the US, Europe, India, especially New York, Ireland, Scotland, Singapore, Australia, Korea, New Zealand and Vietnam has given has given fresh impetus to the debate on how best to reduce the toll of premature deaths in many parts of the world.
There is no debate now to the harms of secondhand smoke exposure clearly linked with negative outcomes on a person’s health.
While the exact degree of harm is debatable, a recent study published in the medical journal Circulation reviewed 13 studies from around the world and found that banning smoking in public places can reduce heart attack hospitalizations by up to 36 percent over time, regardless of geographical location.
Clearly, it has become increasingly more difficult to make a case that secondhand smoke causes no measurable injury to the breather — especially over time.
The scientific evidence that links secondhand smoke with heart disease and cancer has been mounting for decades.
Not only that, the effects of temporary exposure to smoke is also well documented and includes headaches, breathing problems, and even nausea!
The bottom line is that secondhand smoke has numerous short-term and long-term consequences for innocent bystanders.
It is time we join the community of nations that safeguards the nation’s healthcare with zero tolerance to smoking in public spaces!
“At the same time, my international diplomat, navy commander friends and colleagues within high powered security apparatus tell me that the positions of military assets cannot be tracked whatsoever, despite claims made by commercial tracking software industry players!”
MH370: HI-TECH SURVEILLANCE SHIPS AT DITCH SPOT & REALIGNMENT OF FORCES GREETS OUR LATEST EXPOSURE SAYS MALAYSIA ASEAN APEC LEAD CONSUMERIST DR JACOB GEORGE!
From the onset, I want to thank all of you out there, which includes individuals who were suspicious and uneasy with either me personally or the team on this matter!
This includes those I have had bitter exchange of words as well.
I am deeply sorry for these actions in the past.
I am really touched and thank you so much for your encouragement, private messages and deep concern shown for our safety.
I am touched tremendously and going forward stretch out my hand in friendship, cooperation and assistance so that we can share information, together work to get to the bottom of this conspiracy to hide the truth?
I was asked to meet the Ambassador from the nation from where those surveillance ships originate but the fact is it would be an activity in futility!
I fully agree that any visit from a concerned person like me despite my official positions in the region is not going to get any consular officials to provide any information about the movement or mission of their military assets in the region.
In all honesty, the same protocol is practiced by others respectively!
At the same time, my international diplomat, navy commander friends and colleagues within high powered security apparatus tell me that the positions of military assets cannot be tracked whatsoever, despite claims made by commercial tracking software industry players!
But I do not agree that the pictures we have uploaded at the scene of the alleged ditching based on the ordinance data already possessed has no value without timestamps and metadata to corroborate location.
Those pictures are super valuable!
We just do not have pictures but recordings by others who were in the location sites which show without conflict or doubts that those ships were there!
We are putting into place ‘Plan B’ now and I will private message what this is to those of you who have now come onboard with us to get at the truth.
Thank you for your support and assistance.
‘But someone very powerful has taken us seriously to send two (T-AGOS-19) Victorious-class ocean surveillance ships to the vary spot our witnesses claimed lies parts of what MH370 (9M-MRO)?’
MH370: WHILE WE ARE IN COMATOSE TWO SURVEILLANCE SHIPS WERE ABOVE THE SPOT WHERE WE STATED (9M-MRO) WAS DITCHED?
Since the last posting my mobile phone has not stopped ringing as friends even those I considered lukewarm or foes were worried for my safety!
Sad that while narratives are being written, both by ghost writers and others moving away from the real point of impact, thinking they are doing aviation and Malaysia a great service of kindness, sensitivity, passion, and most importantly, to the next of kin, in the shadows two super advanced state of the art surveillance ships have been quietly moving around exactly at the footprint of where we stated Mh370 went down!
Have Malaysian officials gone to sleep after the last show they put up in Putrajaya?
A travesty that was supposed to have been committed, repeating the very act and alleged omission that put us in an embarrassing position in the international environment during and after we lost our aircraft with 239 on board!
In this and other forums, I have repeatedly raised points of order, data, and concerns but the apathy I see is shocking!
Why, who, which country and brand are we really protecting here?
From the start of this MH370 tragedy and despite the attacks from a wide cross-section of players, actors, media and active operatives, we have been consistent that what remains of that aircraft we lost March 8th 2014 is not in the SIO, in the Antarctica or anywhere else, but the Sumatran waters!
Eyewitnesses confirm the sighting!
Eyewitnesses who have no political agenda, no vested interest, neither having a symbiotic relationship with any or all players and actors of this tragic episode!
They have been super honest with me saying if you find the remains thanks to our data please do not forget us for we are but poor people!
That was enough for my team and I using our own savings to do what we could despite powerful headwinds, threats, operatives and their twists and turns, ghost writer narratives, even so called aviation experts taking to a homicide narrative without evidence and others frolicking in master class fables these have created a lot of anomalies, distrust and mischief!
I ask only one question if indeed this is not a place of interest why there is (T-AGOS-19) surveillance ships above our spot.
We went on record more than 7 months ago that MH370 (9M-MRO) was indeed in the Sumatran waters.
A press statement initiated in Indonesia, that was spiked with pin point execution in Australia and several other wires as if there was a black heavy hand dictating that this new narrative must never get traction?
On the other hand, the same people are not ashamed to run stories unhindered of a ‘Cambodian crash or another riddled with bullets in the Mauritian waters?”
On record, Malaysians have rubbished both stories!
But our claims of the ‘Sumatran waters ditch’ have gained traction and spooked ‘those in the shadows!’
The pertinent question, we ask today is why are there ocean surveillance ships at exactly very close proximity of where we had claimed the aircraft went down?
It is a pity that decision making Malaysians are still in deep coma!
All I asked two ministers was please give us the assets to go check this spot – xx-xx-xxx N xxx-xx-xxx E for there we believe lies what is the remains of an aircraft believed to be MH370 (9M-MRO)!
Both told me it is not in their hands!
Why is there such a reluctance to even conduct an independent investigation and at the area where independent witnesses have claimed they saw the aircraft go down?
But someone very powerful has taken us seriously to send two (T-AGOS-19) Victorious-class ocean surveillance ships to the vary spot our witnesses claimed lies parts of what MH370 (9M-MRO)?