The order and instruction has gone out!
It comes from Malaysia’s Prime Minister Najib Tun Abdul Razak himself!
The instructions to the relevant authorities in the country also clear!
1. Inspect the safety standard at all tahfiz religious schools in the country.
2. Schools found to be not abiding by the safety standard would be given time to implement the measures!
3. And failure to do so would result in their being ordered to close down.
And why was this instruction given out?
The premier could not comprehend what drove teenage boys to plan such an heinous crime which resulted in the deaths of 21 innocent students and two teachers.
It was so obvious to me listening in to him that he was truly heartbroken by the manner he spoke to the media!
“What wrong did they commit? Don’t tell me a quarrel over futsal led to this crime. This is what has been haunting me”
The order is now out!
As Prime Minister Najib says it is a
1. A question of the safety of our children and we cannot compromise on the matter!
2. It involves the lives of our children and it is our responsibility.
3. It is not a question of the authority of the federal government or the state governments.
4. It is a question of safety, welfare and, more so, the lives of our children!
I thank both Prime Minister Najib, first lady Rosmah Mansor for the address and support to address this tragedy fast track!
Now since the instruction given – I pray the relevant agencies will fast track this matter before another disaster of horror!
I for one and CASSA will be monitoring and holding a brief on this matter certainly!